This is my Child

View on the way to Saltspring Island

On the bus
Crowded
Sour faces
Tiredness
Ankle aching

Suddenly
A voice
Quiet yet ecstatically joyful
Says
"This is my Child"

A rising bubble of emotion
Envelops
Spirals
Swirls
Into a soft smile
Gratitude

Yes!
THIS
This moment
With ALL its peculiarities
With ALL the discomforts
Every single thing
Every single sense
With ALL its imperfections
Is my Child!

I breathe
Yes
Everything changes
Such peace
Such love
My Child
A transforming tear
Appears 
Clear and cleansing

And then
Such a JOY!!
No crowdedness
No sourness
No aching
Can take THIS from me!
For this is the Child that I have been given
I can only love its imperfections
For where is the Perfect Child?

 A seat shows itself
I sit
Aaaah...
Someone smiles
Ohhh...
And I chuckle to myself
Knowing we are One
On that bus

And the Soothingness
That Silver Ocean of Motherly Love
Strokes my Being
And I close my eyes
For I am also the Child

On the bus.