Intoxicated

Drawing on walls in Elche :)

Intoxicated
I get up
No sleep
Despite tiredness
Endless words whirling in my head
Setting my Heart on fire

Intoxicated
YOU
You fill me with amazement
Your endless swirling
No end
No end
YOU 
Intoxicate
My Heart pounds and pulsates
I cannot but obey
Get up!
Get up!

Intoxicated
I smile
The surrender comes
As I lift my tired body
Into pink slippers
I whisper soothingness
To the one who is concerned
Not enough sleep
And even that one
Cannot but fall into YOUR arms!

Intoxicated
With the Spoken Word!
You endlessly sing to me
I hear your spiralling poesies
Enthralling verses
Magical musings
Intoxicating images
Words of such beauty
I cannot but drink more
Let us sing!

Twice 
I have faced YOU
On the stage
Oh
How different to this
This improvised moment
As always
You come tumbling
Pouring out onto the page
The alchemy of Heart and Voice
Intoxicated
As ever
And now
Even more
As I take the staff of challenge
To speak the word
As YOU desire

Intoxicated
Forever
I fall at your feet.


And my hands reach out
Rumi
He is here
How could he not be?
His words
Ever intoxicating
Carrying me around that sacred Pillar
Of Truth:

"The time has come to turn your heart
into a temple of fire.
Your essence is gold hidden in dust.
To reveal its splendour
you need to burn in the fire of love."