The Healing


 



It's warm and glowing

Here...

In the Silver Sea
I am
For eternity
Floating
Caressed 
By spiralling ripples

A hand lifts
Touches the face

Ahh...

Smooth and soft
Eyelids flicker

Remembering...

With coral and kelp
On the wounds
I'd lain
Here
In this Soothing Silverness

Now
I rise from the silky Waters
And look around...


The Storyteller finds themself
Standing on a glittering shore
Their long hair dances in the breeze

They glance down...

The Voice lies there
Amongst the pebbles

Recognised, the Voice leaps
Into the Storyteller's Heart!
Ahh...


A wooden staff appears in my hand
I take a step
The Voice in the Heart sings
"Keep going, my Love, keep going!"


Healed, The Storyteller
Walks the World


Photo taken in Tofino, BC, 2017

If you'd like to listen to the audio version of this poem, click here